GeForce Experience is an application by Nvidia to sync your game settings with other player’s game settings and use their configurations and get more frame rates in games. Also, this application helps you in some other ways in configuring the graphics card settings. This app gives an upper hand to GeForce GTX users over AMD graphics cards, and you can do tweaks to your GPU with it. There we have listed some of the possible reasons you can fix the GeForce Experience if it’s not working.
Several users reported that their GeForce Experience is not working correctly in Windows 10 especially when they upgraded their Windows to the latest version. In most cases, the icon shows in the taskbar, but the app is not opening.
Close all instances of the app and restart
If you double click on the GeForce Experience application and it’s not opening, the app might be already working but not displaying on the desktop. To fix this, we have to close all the processors of Nvidia and then open them again.
- Hit Ctrl + Alt + Del or go to the taskbar and right-click on it.
- There you will see the option “Task Manager” and click on it.
- It will open a new window and shows all of the processes running on your PC.
- Then you have to locate all Nvidia processes and terminate them.
- These processes depend upon the setup of GE; that’s why I’m not mentioning the names.
- Left-click on each task and click on the end now button on the bottom of the Task Manager window.
- Once done, restart your PC and try turning on the GeForce Application.
This method works for most users if the application is not opening, but if it doesn’t work for you, we have some more fixes.
Disable Antivirus and Create Firewall Exception
This is another method that works for most of the users if you are using Antivirus or have Windows Firewall turned on. This method might be different for some antivirus software as, in this case, we are using Avast.
- For this, you have to right-click on the Avast icon in the taskbar and hover over the Avast Shield Icon.
- You have to select the disable option, and I would recommend you to disable for at least 10 minutes.
- At this time, you have to check if the Nvidia GeForce application works or not.
- Relaunch the GeForce Experience application.
If this method works for you, then that’s good, but if it doesn’t, then you might need to create a permanent exception of a firewall for this application.
You have to the right click on the Avast Application icon on the taskbar and select the open Avast user interface option from there.
- Now on the menu, you have to navigate towards the settings tabs.
- There go to general on the left window.
- Left-click on exceptions.
- Click on the green add exception button to create an exception.
- Now you have to locate the Nvidia GeForce Application there, and that’s it.
- Now you have to restart your PC and restart the GeForce Experience application.
Reinstall Nvidia GeForce Experience Application
Another best to fix this issue is by reinstalling this application. Reinstalling this application will refresh all of the files and might fix the problem. To uninstall and reinstall this application, you have to follow these steps.
- Go to the start menu and click on the control panel.
- Click on the search bar and type control panel there.
- There in the control panel, you will get an option “Uninstall applications.”
- Open it and locate the Nvidia GeForce Experience application.
- Click on this application and click on the uninstall button.
- Follow the uninstall steps and make the process done.
- Then you have to download the setup from the Nvidia website.
- Now install the new files of the downloaded setup.
- Launch the GeForce Experience application.
With this method, most of the problems will be done in launching the Nvidia GeForce application; however, if this still doesn’t work for you, you can also try reinstalling the drivers.
Reinstall the Nvidia GeForce Experience Drivers
The drivers you are currently using might be conflicting with the GeForce Experience application. You can try reinstalling the drivers, which might fix the problems in the application.
- You have to the right click on the start menu and click on the device manager.
- In the device manager, you have to expand the display adapter.
- Then there you will find your graphics card and right-click on it and open its properties.
- Then click on the uninstall button, and it will start uninstalling the drivers.
- Once done, you have to download the latest version of graphics drivers from the Nvidia website.
When do you have to restart your PC and check out if the GeForce Experience software works? If this step doesn’t work, you can also try doing some other steps with which you can fix solving the launching issues of the GeForce Experience application.
Reinstall the Nvidia GeForce Experience Service
There is another option with which you can try fixing the problem. This problem can be fixed by reinstalling the Nvidia GeForce Experience service. Although this step is quite tricky and non-technical users might not do it without help. There we have mentioned a straightforward way to do this.
- Hit the Window + R key and type “services.msc” there.
- This search console will promote you to the services window, and there you have to search “Nvidia GeForce Experience Service.”
- Once found, check if this service is working or not.
- If it’s turned off, then set up it as “Start with windows.”
- You have to do the same for the “Nvidia GeForce Backend service” turn it on for startup with Windows.
- Once done, restart your PC and check if the application works or not.
These services are required to run this application on Windows, and for some PC, they might not startup with Windows, so you have to configure them from the settings. If still, this step doesn’t work for you, I would recommend you to try changing the comp ability settings.
Change the Compatibility Settings of Application
If all these steps don’t work for you, there is the last step which you can try with this application. There are chances that this might work if you recently upgrade your operating system, and suddenly the application stops working. The steps included in this are changing the compatibility settings, which helps us run the application with parameters from the older version of Windows. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Right-click on the application and click on an open file location.
- Then it will take you to the main file of that shortcut.
- Right-click on it and go to properties.
- There you will found some tabs on the top bar of the properties tab head towards the compatibility tab.
- Now you can play with settings there and can check if something works for you or not.
This method works for most of the applications; there are chances that it might also work for this one. This is the last thing we can try, but still, if this does not work for you, the last option you can try contacting Nvidia support and ask them because they might better help you fix this problem. Their tech team is well trained and has also developed the application, and you can ask them on the forum or directly through their website.